SKHINCAPS work plan is structured into 6 Work-Packages, which main objectives are:
Work package 1
Optimization of the innovative and sustainable nanoencapsulation technology, preparing the field for the large-scale production of the novel nanocapsules.
Work package 2
Development of efficient nanocapsules for the different applications, acting on the polymers to provide them no-release, triggering and targeting capacities.
Work package 3
Large-scale synthesis of the multifunctional nanocapsules to deliver demonstrators for the different applications:
- Nanoencapsulated PCMs to deliver functional first layer textiles for improving skin comfort;
- Nanoencapsulated cocktail of vitamins and antioxidants formulated into a cream for preventing skin ageing;
- Nanoencapsulated essential oils for prevention and/or treatment of skin microbial infections caused by gram positive bacteria, for application either in creams or textiles.
Study the scale-up process in terms of efficacy, cost-benefit, socio-economic and environmental parameters.
Work package 4
Validation, regulation and recommendations related to encapsulation technology, specifically:
- Evaluation of environmental impacts throughout the products and process’s value chain carried out by life cycle assessment (LCA).
- Evaluation of demonstrators’ safety, transdermal delivery and allergic potential by means of in-vivo, in-vitro and ex-vivo studies;
- Exhaustive gap analysis of the current regulation and legislation, identifying needed actions;
- Production of policy recommendations and analysis of future trends and challenges.”
Work package 5
Economic evaluation, exploitation agreement, communication and dissemination activities of the project results.
Work package 6